are This afternoon Westchester County held a conference call for local municipal officials. As of today, there are 98 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Westchester with the vast majority of those being located in the New Rochelle area. The County reports that of the 98 cases, only a small number are hospitalized. The Village, along with local governments throughout Westchester, are determining what government-sponsored activities and public events should be postponed out of an abundance of caution. A major focus will be on limiting exposure for the senior population as they are at the most risk. Further updates regarding Village sponsored programs will be provided in the future.
The New York State Department of Health is the lead government agency responding to the outbreak, and local governments continue coordination through our partners at Westchester County. Please remember the following:
- If you have questions regarding COVID-19, you may contact the New York State’s Department of Health Coronavirus Diseases Hotline at (888) 364-3065 or dial 211.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if you are sick. Those who have children with flu-like symptoms should also keep them home.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Further information will be provided via the Village website and Facebook.
Additional Informational Resources:
New York State Health Department: