The Clinton Street Center is Closed. As we strive to continue vital services to the residents of the Village, and be mindful of the health of the public and our employees during the current coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak, we have made the decision to suspend our programs until further notice.
The Pleasantville Senior Citizen Programs & Services provides recreational and educational programs as well as supportive services to residents 55 years of age and older. These programs and services are designed to enhance the quality of life of our adult residents by increasing their independence and maintaining their involvement in the life of our community. Information, referral and support services to Pleasantville senior citizens and their families is provided through the offices of the Director, Joni Ehrlich, GCM, QDCP. In addition, the program provides the following services.
- Lunch served Monday-Friday at 12:00 Noon at The Clinton Street Center. Advance Reservations Required. Hot Meals $6.00, Cold Meals $6.00. More Options available. Check out our newsletter!
- Home Delivered Meals are available for persons 60 years of age and older who are homebound. Hot Meals $5.00; Cold Meals $5.00
- Weekly Shopping Van on Thursdays picks residents up at their home for shopping at a local shopping mall. Pick-ups start at 9:00am and will be going to Shoprite and ACME. Advanced Reservations Required. $2.00 roundtrip.
- Monthly Shopping Van to nearby shopping centers, i.e. Walmart, K-Mart, JV Mall, Danbury Mall $5.00 roundtrip
- Van Service is available within the Village of Pleasantville and to the Thornwood Shopping Center. It is by Appointment if we can fit it in with our other Transportation Services. $2.00 suggested donation..
- Medical Escort Service for seniors needing transportation to medical appointments is provided by volunteers and subject to availability. We need a minimum of 5 days to arrange this service. No Fee.
See the brochure pages and/or calendar for additonal information.